Saturday, February 26, 2011

Growlers Pourhouse Tasting (3/1 @ 7pm)

**Now available:  check out the FULL review HERE!**


This is a Food Baby first, but I feel compelled to "pre-blog" about an upcoming adventure...  Lauren and I are most excited to check out an amazing beer tasting at 7PM on Tuesday, March 1st at Growlers Pourhouse in NoDa.  When their fabulous GM, Drew, recently told me that they do tastings on the first Tuesday of each month (more info here), I was relieved that I would only have to wait a few days for the next event!  We hope our Food Baby readers will join us at Growlers to check out the tasting!!






Only in its first ~six months of operation, this NoDa gem (owned by the same folks that brought the fabulous Crepe Cellar to the area) has already garnered some serious accolades:
They've also gone through approximately 150 unique, special and generally exclusive beers on their dozen rotating taps and cask during this time period.  Impressive.  

After several visits to Growlers, I have summed up here the short-list of reasons I love this place: 1) the well-edited rotating beer selection always offers a number of great choices for any level of beer connoisseur; 2) the tasty array of house made sausages (you know I'm something of a charcuterie whore); 3) the rotating oyster of the day offerings and other delicious and beer-friendly food; and 4) the extremely knowledgeable and friendly service.  I could go on, but I think you get the point.  The bottom line is that Growlers makes anyone from serious beer aficionados to people that don't know the difference between Bud Light and Bell's feel at home.  I clearly get the sense that the folks at Growlers are not only passionate about craft beer, but they are also committed to educating people about the form of art that is brewing.    More to come after our tasting next week!!

- Brianna
Growler's Pourhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment